Sunday, October 6, 2013

Still Life

My painting class we began to a still life of the image below.



The first thing that I did was to Gesso (a primer) to ready the canvas (a course unbleached cloth used for oil painting). Then we began to place the general area that the objects would be. 



Once we liked the placement of the objects we drew more detail into the sketch.


In my sketch you can see that I ended up not having my orange in font of the bronze pot and I placed it on top of the books.  The class also went with a cat picture instead of the cowgirl in the original setup. When I was happy with the final design I began to paint the main colors that I could see.


After we put in the main colors we began putting in the shadows and finishing the orange.


We then began putting detail into the bird and pot.


After this step we put the rest of the details into the other objects finishing the piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment